MA Election Update

By Meaghan Corson — 12/09/09
The final battle has begun tonight with the latest Massachusetts Senate election results. According to Boston.com, Martha Coakley is ahead of her fellow Democratic candidates at 47 percent. Democrat Michael Capuano not far behind Coakley with 26 percent. Democrat Alan Khazei is running with 17 percent, and Democrat Steve Pagliuca is holding up the rear with 10 percent.
On the Republican side of the race, Republican Scott Brown has a commanding lead with 88 percent. The only other Republican candidate, Jack E. Robinson has the remaining 12 percent.
Both the Democrats and Republicans have clear leaders right off the start.